1. Collection of Information Information You Provide
2U collects information that you voluntarily submit to us, including, without limitation, when you submit a form requesting information about online programs, provide information to us through the Website, or otherwise contact us. The information we collect may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, prior educational background information (e.g., GPA range, name(s) of prior institution(s) attended, or prior degree(s) earned), and the content of any communications that we exchange.
Information Collected Via Technology
We also may collect information about your use of the Website, including the times and dates you access the Website; the areas or pages of the Website that you visit; the amount of time you spend using the Website; the number of times you return to the Website; and whether you open, forward, or click-through emails.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources with which you interact (e.g., Facebook), companies that are our partners, or other third parties.
Our Combination of Your Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve the Website.
2. How We Use Your Information 2U may use the information that we collect from and about you in order to:
2U may also share de-identified information in an aggregated or anonymized manner with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses. For example, we provide Google Analytics with de-identified data so that they may provide us with a better understanding of visitors’ interactions with the Website, including how a visitor found the Website, actions a visitor takes while accessing the Website, or sites to which a visitor navigates after leaving the Website. If you would like to learn more about Google Analytics’ use of de-identified data, please click here External link .
For California Residents: If you do not want 2U to disclose your information to third parties (including affiliated third parties which may not share the 2U name) for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt out of such disclosure by contacting us External link at privacy@2U.com.
4. Service Providers 2U contracts with third parties to perform functions related to the Website (“Service Providers”). We only provide these Service Providers access to your information to the extent necessary to process your information and/or provide services to 2U. We do not permit Service Providers to use or share your information for other purposes.
5. Data Security We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We maintain what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information and to prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure appropriate use of your information. The accuracy, safety, and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Even though we do our best to protect your information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee our security measures. We are not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures or unauthorized access to your information.
6. Other Websites We may link to or offer some of our services in connection with third party websites or applications, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for the practices of such websites or applications, and we encourage you to read and fully understand their privacy policies.
7. Children’s Privacy We do not direct the Website to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under 13.
8. Accessing and Updating Your Information We make every effort to provide you with the ability to request that we correct or delete any information we store about you. You may make such a request by emailing us External link at privacy@2U.com.